THE CLASS LEADER SYSTEM
The Class Leader is a “sub-pastor.” Persons deemed to be of good sound judgment and truly devoted to God. To be an effective class leader, leaders should:
- Meet with his/her class once a week (or other regularly scheduled interval per quarter) at an appointed place (can be by phone or email).
- Visit members absent as soon as possible, to inquire how their souls prosper
- To advise, reprove, comfort, exhort as occasion might require.
- To take collections when needed for the support of the Ministry of Kindness and the budget approved by special conference each year.
- To apply through the Pastor to the Poor’s Steward for means of relief (assistance) for his/her needy members. (See Part 4: Emergency Assistance Protocol).
- Make report of his/her labors to the Quarterly Conference utilizing the form prescribed by the AME Zion Church Book of Discipline, 2012).
- Assist the pastor in auditing the roll by notifying the pastor when members have moved, seek transfer or are no longer desirous of being a member of the church.